As a developer venturing into the alluring world of Programming, the task of choosing either Ruby on Rails or PHP as a career is often difficult. First, you need to have a technical know-how of both languages. Then, you should simultaneously weigh the pros and cons of both programming languages
So let's get started by throwing some light on the core of Ruby and PHP.
PHP as a programming language: Due to its marvellous features, PHP stands as one of the undisputed programming languages in the arena of web development.
PHP website development is indispensable to the creation of diverse websites.
PHP web development services are simple to use and offer a shallow learning curve. Another commendable aspect is that PHP application development requires just one HTML source document rather than calling an external file for processing data. PHP development services are considered easy because of the umpteen extensions that can be availed with PHP. PHP application development not only support HTML but also the latest version HTML 5. This allows the integration of interactive and engaging features. Isn't this great?
The ever-expanding PHP community!
There is a large, intricately-woven network of PHP developers that exists and is always willing to lend a hand for bug fixing, development procedures, and writing codes. The coding language of PHP is simple, making it popular with amateur developers.
Popular sites, such as Facebook, WordPress, Yahoo, Wikipedia, and Flickr, were all built using PHP. With all the bells and whistles, the latest release of PHP is a dream come true for successful startups.
Ruby as a language: Ruby has gain accolades from users all over the globe for its simplicity and practicality. The reason Ruby is so popular is its elegant syntax that is easily readable and writeable.
Ruby on Rails web application development:
A pioneer in creating world-class and innovative web applications, Ruby on Rails is based on MVC (Model, View, Controller) architecture, meaning the language can efficiently separate data from presentation.
The benefits: Reusability, reduced expenses, availability of gems and plugins, faster rate of development and extraordinary support from open-source communities
For this reason most successful startups are vouching for Ruby on Rails web application development.
ROR developers are a hot commodities. Most of the developers are drawn toward the artsy features of Ruby. ROR developers claim say they can effectively express themselves through this programming language.
5 distinctions between ROR and PHP:
1. Type of language: Ruby is a full-fledged, object-oriented language whereas PHP is a scripting language.
2. Speed of development: PHP, along with its fireworks, uses less memory space, whereas Ruby on Rails uses more space. Therefore, applications based on Ruby on Rails are slower than PHP application development.
3. Error Detection: Compared to PHP, Rails is unfriendly when it comes to errors. Comparatively, errors in PHP clearly manifest themselves in the development stage. In Ruby, the whole app collapses.
4. Industry value: PHP is one of the most recognized languages, as it has established a firm foundation in the industry over the years. ROR is considered to be a better fit for startups.
5. Scalability: Both PHP and Ruby on Rails have inherent scaling capabilities. However, since Ruby on Rails applications have more resources, scalability issues arise at a quicker rate as soon as user traffic increases.
There are currently no comments on this post. Be the first one!