Product Description & Reviews
Description: The IOIO (pronounced "yo-yo") is a board specially designed to work with your Android 1.5 and later device. The board provides robust connectivity to an Android device via a USB or Bluetooth connection and is fully controllable from within an Android application using a simple and intuitive Java API - no embedded programming or external programmer will ever be needed! The IOIO board contains a single MCU that acts as a USB host and interprets commands from an Android app. In addition, the IOIO can interact with peripheral devices in the same way as most MCUs. Digital Input/Output, PWM, Analog Input, I2C, SPI, and UART control can all be used with the IOIO. Code to control these interfaces is written in the same way as you write an Android app with the help of a simple to use app-level library. The IOIO acts as a USB host and connects to most Android devices that have USB slave (device) capability. So far, the devices proven to work with this board are: G1, Nexus One, Nexus S, Motorola Droid X (among many others now). If you get the IOIO working on your Android device, please let us know in the comments below, thanks! We're now shipping the IOIO board loaded with the V3.03 bootloader so that it's ready to go with the latest application update, which adds Open-Accessory support. Open Accessory will provide improved latency, throughput and jitter. If ADB is enabled on the Android, ADB will take precedence over Open Accessory. Disable ADB to have IOIO working over Open Accessory. We have a blog post that shows or has links to many well documented example projects, with source code. It is a great resource, so please check it out! Note: This product is a collaboration with Ytai Ben-Tsvi. A portion of each sales goes back to them for product support and continued development.
Features & Highlights
- The IOIO board contains a single MCU that acts as a USB host and interprets commands from an Android app
- The IOIO can interact with peripheral devices in the same way as most MCUs
- Digital Input/Output, PWM, Analog Input, I2C, SPI, and UART control can all be used with the IOIO
- Code to control these interfaces is written in the same way as you write an Android app with the help of a simple to use app-level library
- you can combine the awesome computing power, Internet/Bluetooth connectivity, touch screen, and a variety of sensors from your Android device with the ability to easily add peripheral devices to interact with the outside world
|Item Weight:||0.54 pounds|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.