Marantz Professional MPM-1000 | Cardioid Condenser Microphone with Windscreen, Shock Mount & Tripod Stand (18mm/XLR Out)
Free Shipping Included! Marantz Professional MPM-1000 | Cardioid Condenser Microphone with Windscreen, Shock Mount & Tripod Stand (18mm/XLR Out) by Marantz Professional at Kool Heads. MPN: MPM-1000. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. If you know what you’re doing, you want to sound like it, too. Marantz Professional’s MPM-1000 Studio Series microphone is a high-quality
If you know what you’re doing, you want to sound like it, too.
Marantz Professional’s MPM-1000 Studio Series microphone is a high-quality condenser mic that delivers studio-grade audio performance along with unexcelled value.
The MPM-1000 Studio Series microphone exemplifies Marantz Professional’s commitment to users who demand no-compromise components that fit within their budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to use phantom power or a power supply?
The MPM-1000 is a standard condenser microphone and will require 48vDC power, either supplied by phantom power through the interface or mixer, or through an external phantom power supply. Check the specifications for your mixer or audio interface to find out if it can provide phantom power on it's own, or if you will need to supply this through an external adapter.
Here is a simple procedure for connecting the microphone:
- Make sure that the gain or volume on your pre-amp, speakers and headphones are all turned down.
- Use an XLR cable and attach the female end securely to the MPM-2000. Connect the male end to your microphone pre-amp or phantom power supply.
- Once the MPM-1000 is fully connected to the pre-amp, turn on the phantom power.
While disconnecting, always be sure to turn down your pre-amp, speakers, and headphones before turning off phantom power. Wait approximately 30 seconds after turning off phantom power to disconnect the MPM-1000. This can help avoid damage to your equipment.
How do I mount the microphone and shock mount?
The MPM-1000 comes with a shock mount for mounting to your microphone stand. It's always recommended to mount the included shock mount first before attaching the microphone to prevent any accidental damage to the mic. Here is a simple procedure to follow:
- Loosen the screw on the shock mount's mounting piece and move the mounting piece up so that it is free to attach to the microphone stand
- Hold the shock mount firmly in one hand and bring the mounting piece up to meet the threaded end of the arm on your microphone stand
- Instead of spinning the shock mount, continue to hold it in one hand while using the other hand to spin the arm of the microphone stand, screwing it into the shock mount's mounting piece.
- Once the shock mount is secured firmly to the microphone stand, position the shock mount for recording and tighten the screw on the shock mount so that it stays firmly in place
- Squeeze the wire clasp on the shock mount to pull the ring apart, slide the microphone inside and release the clamp to tighten the grip around the mic.
Important: Always, make sure that the screws on the microphone, shock mount and stand are loosened before making any adjustments to their angle. Forcing any joint without properly loosening it's screw can damage and strip the joint, affecting it's ability to remain secure. The joints should also never be made too tight and should never require more pressure than can be provided by one hand. Again, this can damage the joint and affect it's ability to remain secure in the future.
The included mount won't fit on my microphone stand. Is it compatible?
The MPM-1000 comes with a thread adapter that may come left inside the shock mount and can be easy to overlook. This can be used to adapt the microphone to fit on microphone stands with different threading. Most often this is associated with a difference in microphone stands between the US (5/8" threading, without the adapter) and Europe (3/8" threading, with the adapter).
The piece should be easy to screw in and out using a flat head screwdriver, or even just a guitar pick.
Which side is the front?
The MPM-1000 is a side-address microphone, meaning the capsule is parallel to its body. The microphone will accept sound from sources perpendicular to the microphone body, as opposed to a front-address microphone, like the Shure SM58, that accepts sound from its top or end.
When positioning the MPM-1000, the front will be the side marked by the Marantz logo. Point this side towards your source for the best results.
Do I need to use the included cable?
No, you are free to use a different cable as long as it is a microphone cable. This mic requires phantom power which can only be provided by a standard microphone cable, otherwise known as an XLR cable.
Further Technical Support
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Marantz Professional product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Marantz Professional technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: phone support, email support.
- Element: Pure-aluminum-plated, 18mm-diameter-diaphragm condenser capsule
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz–20,000Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -38 dB ±2dB (0 dB = 1 V/Pa @ 1 kHz)
- Output: 200 Ω ±30% (@ 1 kHz)
- Load: >100 Ω
- Self-Noise: 17 dBA
- Maximum SPL: 136dB (THD ~ 1%, 1 kHz)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 77dB
- Phantom Power Requirements: 9-48 VDC, 3 mA typical
- Dimensions(length x diameter): 6.5” x 1.90”
- Weight: 10.5 oz
- Shock mount
- Tri-pod stand
- XLR cable
- User Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
Features & Highlights
- Entry-level price for recording studio-quality sound
- Ideal for video commentary and Podcasting projects, or isolating instruments on a crowded stage
- Cardioid pattern picks up what's in front without catching echoes, background noise, or other sounds nearby
- Large diaphragm condenser microphone with 20 to 20,000 Hz-wide frequency response
|Manufacturer:||inMusic Brands Inc.|
|Publisher:||inMusic Brands Inc.|
|Studio:||inMusic Brands Inc.|
|Item Weight:||0.66 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.77 x 6.89 x 6.89 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.81 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.48 x 3.39 x 3.39 inches|