The complete solution for your 2009-2010 iMac. Add an SSD to your hard drive equipped iMac to experience faster booting, near instant application launches and lightning fast data transfer speeds. With incredible sustained data speeds, up to 100X greater data protection than enterprise class Hard Disk Drives, and RAISE technology for RAID like data protection and reliability, the OWC Mercury 3G SSD line delivers unbeatable performance. OWC's in-line solution is the only hardware digital thermal sensor on the market allowing a third-party SATA drive to be installed in your iMac. A convenient, plug-and-play cable, the In-line Digital Thermal Sensor eliminates fan noise and maintains proper system fan control through the iMac's System Management Controller. This innovative device is designed specifically for the iMac, requires no software hacks and ensures compatibility with Apple's built-in diagnostic processes. The NewerTech AdaptaDrive has been benchmark test proven to deliver the same data transfer rates as is experienced when a drive is connected directly to the SATA data bus. The AdaptaDrive doesn't create a bottleneck or any performance throttling, delivering pure data pass-through performance and drive use convenience from any 2.5" SATA 1.5Gb/s, 3Gb/s, or 3Gb/s hard drive or SSD. Please note, that before attempting to perform this installation, it is recommended you watch the associated instructional video in its entirety to determine your ability to perform this complex procedure. OWC assumes no responsibility for damage that may occur during the install. Product Specifications: 4-Ch controller, Tier 1 3D NAND, Interface: SATA 3Gb/s, 250GB useable capacity, RoHS Compliant, Unformatted, Sequential Read (Compressible Data) 274 MB/s, Sequential Write (Compressible Data) 253 MB/s
Features & Highlights
- Add a high-performance SSD to your iMac.
- No software hacks required, Backed by Free DIY install videos and expert support, 3 year OWC SSD Limited Warranty
- DIY Upgrade Bundle 240 GB OWC Mercury Electra 3G SSD + NewerTech AdaptaDrive + In-line Thermal Sensor. Includes all the tools to upgrade a 2009 - 2010 iMac's factory HDD with a high performance OWC SSD.
- Product Specifications: 4-Ch controller, Tier 1 3D NAND, Interface: SATA 3Gb/s, 250GB useable capacity, RoHS Compliant, Unformatted, Sequential Read (Compressible Data) 274 MB/s, Sequential Write (Compressible Data) 253 MB/s
- Includes OWC Mercury 3G SSD, AdaptaDrive 2.5" to 3.5" Drive Converter Bracket, 4x 2.5" drive to bracket mounting screws, 4x Bracket to 3.5" drive bay mounting screws, In-line Digital Thermal Sensor Cable, 2x NewerTech 2.25" Suction Cup, Torx T10s driver, Torx T8s driver, NewerTech pry tool, Microfiber scratch-free cloth, 4x 2.5" drive to bracket mounting screws, 4x Bracket to 3.5" drive bay mounting screws, AdaptaDrive Assembly Manual & User Guide, 3 year OWC SSD Limited Warranty
|Manufacturer:||Other World Computing|
|Publisher:||Other World Computing|
|Studio:||Other World Computing|
|Item Size:||2.76 x 0.28 x 0.28 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by OWC, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.