Product Description & Reviews
This fourth-generation seagate savvio 10k.4 drive provides the highest capacity and best reliability available in a small form factor, 10k-rpm enterprise hard drive. this drive enables 3.5-inch to 2.5-inch form factor transition and widespread market adoption of 2.5-inch-based external storage solutions for enterprise oems, system designers and end-user organizations.the savvio 10k.4 drive reduces $/gb costs for enterprise oems and system designers by delivering up to 600gb user capacity. the savvio 10k.4 drive is the world’s first enterprise drive to support 2m-hour mean time between failures (mtbf) and an annualized failure rate (afr) of 0.44 percent—a staggering 20 percent improvement over any other drive available—further extending the savvio product family’s field-proven and industry-leading reliability. it also provides a head ramp load/unload feature that moves the arms and heads away from the media for improved device handling reliability.the savvio 10k.4 drive is the second generation to support 6gb/s sas, with dual-port communications to improve interface reliability, speed, data integrity and system scalability. it is also the world’s first 2.5-inch hard drive to offer fibre channel interface support (4gb/s fc). designed to be energy efficient and reduce end-user cooling and energy costs, the savvio 10k.4 drive uses 50 percent less power than a 3.5-inch 15k drive. it also includes the seagate powerchoice feature for t10-compliant power management. this enables customers to tailor systems to meet user-defined performance and power consumption goals.the savvio 10k.4 drive includes a pi feature, which detects corruption of data in flight between the host system and the drive.
Features & Highlights
- World's highest-capacity SFF drive (up to 600GB) reduces $/GB costs
- 20 percent higher reliability than any other drive available and the industry's first 2M-hour MTBF drive to provide 0.44 percent AFR
- Second-generation 6Gb/s SAS with dual-port communication and first SFF hard drive with 4Gb/s FC support
- SFF and low power consumption reduce user cooling and energy costs
- Protection Information (PI) option detects corruption of data in flight between the host system and the drive.
- Head ramp load/unload feature for improved device handling reliability
- Enables OEMs and system designers to design external storage solutions for organizations with green IT strategies, data-at-rest concerns, and power- or space-constrained IT environments
|Item Weight:||0.5 pounds|
|Item Size:||2.75 x 0.58 x 0.58 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.5 pounds|
|Package Size:||3.4 x 0.7 x 0.7 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.